Justification is probably the most important Christian topic that most Christians spend very little time thinking about! In this series we probe into it a bit more deeply using the Church of England’s 39 Articles.
To use UTB you must login or create an account (it’s quick, easy, and – most importantly – free!).
- #1: What is Original Sin? | Romans 5:12-21 Justification is probably one of the most important issues which Christians don’t think much about. And yet, at the time of the reformation it was described as the doctrine on which the reformation would stand or fall. Why is it so important? In this new series, we delve into the topic of justification, following the 39 Articles – a document produced at the time of the reformation, part of the foundation of the Church of England.
- #2: Do we have free will? | John 8:31-47 “We wanna be free to do what we wanna do” – everybody wants freedom. But what is true freedom, and where does it come from?
- #3: Righteous through Christ alone | Galatians 2:11-21 Some people have the view that being a Christian is only about keeping the rules and looking down on everyone else. But, as we see in this video, we need a far greater obedience to be considered righteous by God.
- #4: If God forgives us, why should we do good deeds? | Matthew 7:15-23 One of the biggest questions people ask: if God forgives us anyway, why should we bother trying to good in the first place? In the fourth part of our series on Justification, Jesus gives us the answer.
- #5: Can we please God without faith? | Hebrews 11:1-6 Many people have the view that, on the day of judgement, God will tot up our good deeds and – if we’ve done enough – will let us into heaven. Many people think it doesn’t matter whether you have faith, just that you’ve done enough good deeds. But what does the Bible say?
- Total: 5 sessions.