Guidance is something we’re all looking for. What career should I choose? Who should I marry? Whenever we’re facing big decisions (or even small decisions!) we want to know what the right choice is. As Christians, we believe that God guides us. But how?
Here’s a brief video which introduces the big picture of how God guides us today.
How God guides us: key points
- We need to look at the big picture of what God wants us to do with our lives.
- The big picture is found in the two greatest commandments (love God and love our neighbour) – Mark 12:29-31.
- How do we know what that actually looks like?
- We love God by asking him to help us – Psalm 25:4-5. God loves us when we ask him for his help and guidance.
- The 10 Commandments are a guide to how we love others – they’re God’s framework for helping us know how to love.
- The rest of the Bible helps us to understand what God’s will is for us.
- You could sum it up in Proverbs 3:5-6.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs is great for guidance. You might be interested in the Wisdom of Proverbs: Guidance.
You might also appreciate this sermon on guidance from Proverbs 16.
Also check out session #9 of the Heidelberg Catechism, God our Father.
Your questions answered
This is the fourth video for the Your questions answered feature. See the rest of the series on that page.
If you have a question about Christianity or the Bible, please send them in or comment below.